Monday 18 August 2014

Journeyman League - Week 2

So after finding out that my hobby points had got me to first place in the league for week 1:


I was pretty pleased with myself and decided to kick off a couple more games at last night's meeting. As a slight change to the normal rules several of the weeks including week one of the league were spread over two weeks, so it was still Mangled Metal & battle boxes. 

My first game was against a beautifully painted circle army with pKaya, a pair of Argus (one winter, one regular) and a Feral Warpwolf. After the initial moving up my opponent managed to get the charge in with the winter and cripple one of the arms of my Dervish before using a tidy little hit and run tactic with the caster to magic his beasts backwards. Since the spell left everything clumped together (you were placed within 3") I managed to get a solid shot off with the Vanquisher that missed but deviated onto the caster and both Arguses, setting them all on fire before boosted blast damage knocked Kaya to around 5 boxes. He moved forward again and spelled back his Winter and Feral leaving Feora to charge and kill the other Argus with EoD. Everything was clumped again so the Vanquisher got another shot into the crowd and the continuous fire finished Kaya the following turn, netting me the win. 

After that I had a game against one of the (many) Legion players in the League, who was taking pLylyth, an Angelius and a Scythean. After initial movement my Dervish was pretty exposed and so got charged (for free thanks to Lylyth's bow) by the Scythean and killed in one turn. This left the Scythean in the charge of Feora who went EoD and killed the heavy on the charge. The Angel flew across with a free charge on Feora for the assassination but didn't do nearly enough damage, leaving her to polish off another heavy under EoD, netting me another win under Mangled Metal. 

For my third game I decided to play the EO, a much more experienced veteran tournament player who was switching factions for the league to Skorne. The battlebox he was using was pMorghoul, a Titan Gladiator, a Cyclops Brute and a Basalisk Krea. He got in my face very quickly and again the Dervish took the brunt of the early offensive, getting scrapped by the Titan, putting his heavy in direct line for Feora, while he advanced the Brute with reach to lock in both of my jacks. This pretty much forced me to charge the Titan or get charged next turn. I chose to attack and went in for the charge, killing the Titan with EoD in one round, only missing once with a double 1 which wasted one of my valuable focus. The Vanquisher also got a solid melee hit on the Cyclops but it had admonition so dodged the attack from the Repenter. His Krea used it's animus to drop my DEF and took a shot at Feora, but she was hiding in the wreckage of the Dervish and he missed. Morghoul was in range though and got the charge on Feora, and kept buying pairs of anatomical precision attacks on her until she was dead. 

I finished the night on two wins and a loss again, which is another 8 League points and I had fun with all my games, the people I played were all sporting and had cool lists so I was happy to play them. I'm looking forward to next week when we can bump it up to 15 points and get in some support stuff!

Plus I got my latest (and last for a while) shipment of Menoth models in so I'm looking forward to painting them and securing my place at the top!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment