Friday 1 August 2014

Journeyman League - Post 1

So my local gaming group is hosting a Warmachine Journeyman League. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, which I must admit included me, each player starts with a very limited list (based on their battlebox with a couple alternatives) and slowly builds their way up each week, getting points for games and for painting up minis. 

I've thrown my hat in even though the majority of my warmachine is already painted using my Menoth. This was the perfect chance to kick start my Legion but sadly didn't line up with my purchasing so I have to stick to what I've got; luckily Legion are turning out to be far and away the most played in the league so at least I'm being slightly different. My regular gaming buddy is also playing but with a whole new faction and this'll give me a chance to get a variety of games in, against some new play styles. The list I'm starting off with is:

pKreoss +5
-Crusader -6
-Vanquisher -8
-Repenter -4

And I have to keep those models in every list I build for the whole league (you can swap the caster at 35 points but the battlegroup stays the same). I'm feeling pretty good about it but it doesn't leave me many points when we start expanding since the next step up is 15 points which only gives me 2 points to play with. Plus I feel a little naked without a choir or vassal but it's mangled metal for the first two weeks so I'll have to make do!

I'm pretty excited to wade into it next week when the first games kick off and try my hand against some new people. I'll start putting up my battle reps and list evolutions as I go along but for now I'm just looking forward to getting models on the table!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment