Wednesday 8 April 2015

Cogs in the TheoryMachine - April Alt List

Hi guys, welcome back to CitTM! This week I didn't manage to get a game in thanks to the Easter Weekend and my LGS being closed. Instead I've been theory crafting a new list. With the April tournament up in a couple of weeks I've been thinking about my list options. Obviously I want to play Harbinger and I've been practicing the list for a while now. I was initially planning to use this alongside my eFeora list I used in the last tournament. Instead though I wanted to use a new list that would shore up some of the weaknesses of the Harbinger list. The issue that I've found in a couple of my recent games with Harbinger is dealing with heavy armour. My Harbinger list attritions really well vs infantry between the feat, cataclysm and the weaponmaster jam she can eat through a dudespam pretty easily. When facing a colossal or multiple heavies, though, she stumbles cracking that armour. Instead I wrote up an alternative list skewed towards hitting hard but that can also deal with troops if needed. 

What I ended up with is:

pSeverius +6
-Heirophant -2
-Blessings of Vengence -7
-Reckoner -8
-Templar -8
Vessel of Judgement -9
Vassal Mechanic -1
Vassal of Menoth -2
Wrack -1
eEiryss -3
Gorman Di Wulfe -2
Saxon Orrik -2
Max Choir of Menoth -3
Max Temple Flameguard with UA -8
Objective - Bunker 

The idea for this list is pretty straight-forward smash-mouth aggression. The Templar, Reckoner and VoJ can smash high ARM especially with Eye of Menoth and Gorman can make that worse with black oil and rust bombs as appropriate. As well as that, though, Ashes to Ashes and Admonisher can still blow through infantry, which BoV will help with.

The TFG with Defender's Ward become a horrible tar pit to deal with potentially being DEF 17 ARM 23 and no knockdown with minifeat. Orrik is in the list to help them get to the fight through any difficult terrain and then to hunt solos afterwards. Eyriss is in the list to take out any pesky upkeep spells that might otherwise be a pain in the ass for the list. 

The support package is pretty full on, with a max choir for my three jacks, as well as a Vassal and a Mechanic to support the jacks fully. The main job for the mechanic, though, will be to repair the self-inflicted damage on the Vessel. To help with the focus management (8 doesn't stretch too far with two hungry jacks and an awesome spell list) I've got Wracks and a Heirophant to take some of the heat off. 

Since the list wants to play an aggressive in-your-face style game I'm currently thinking Bunker might be the best objective for the list since Impervious Flesh makes it hard to kill at range, forcing the opponent to close in with me. But Fuel Cache is in the running too as the jacks having free charges could make all the difference in a game!

I'll be sure to let you know how my first game with it goes next week! Like the facebook page for updates as I go!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment