Sunday 23 November 2014

Sword<Pen<Brush - Continuing the Legion

Following my last article about having started to paint my Legion of Everblight forces I've managed to get a bunch more models painted up starting with a max unit of Legionnaires including the UA:-


To be honest my technique for metal is pretty easy on this army and these guys are pretty much 80% metal so it wasn't especially hard to plow through them. 

I followed up by completing a full unit of the Spawning Vessel:-


I enjoyed painting this unit but it didn't come together as a unit until the last lick of paint but then I ended up quite happy with how they looked, especially the pot itself. 

I then knocked out the Incubi solos:-


I decided the paint the flesh of the unfortunate hosts in Elf Flesh with a blue wash, highlighting this with more Elf Flesh. I had wanted it to come out a little differently but I also wanted a good contrast with the draconic Incubi skin which it did so I can't complain at the result. 

I then painted my pair of Strider Deathstalkers. With a number of Legion players in my current meta there are a number of very nice Deathstalker conversions. I've never been much good at anything beyond the simplest swaps so I stuck with the usual sculpt:-


I think the bows and cloaks both came out just like I wanted them to and they have the right balance of dark and light for the army. 

I then painted up the Twins, Saeryn and Rhyas:-


I was debating for a while what colours to do the long scarves in but I wanted them to stand out while not clashing and I felt that the red was the best option for them, and again I feel it worked well. 

Finally I managed to squeeze in one more model and it just had to be Epic Absylonia:-


Much like when I first painted the beasts I was a bit taken aback by quite how blue she was by the end, but the model is gorgeous and detailed without being too complicated. 

I'm really enjoying diving into a new army and I'm excited for next year when I can start buying more models. 

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment